Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War just got its big Firebase Z update, and that means Zombies enthusiasts everywhere are picking apart the map to find its hidden secrets. In advance of the Easter egg hunt that begins on Friday, let’s get started with the essentials. Our text, paired with video assistance from the best in Black Ops Zombies community, is everything you need to know to Pack-a-Punch and get the map’s RAI K-84 Wonder Weapon parts.
How to Pack-a-Punch in Firebase Z
In order to get your hands on the RAI K-84 Wonder Weapon, you’ve got to turn on the power and Pack a Punch first. The best video tutorial for that arrives courtesy of MrRoflWaffles on YouTube, so be sure to consult the clip below if our words fail you.
For those who prefer a simple text guide, here are the basic steps.
- This time around the Pack-a-Punch machine is found in the Atrium area where you spawn. You’ll be guided to its location near Ravenov, but it can’t be used without turning the power on first.
- Progress through the Courtyard gate into Equipment Storage, and head up the stairs to find the Teleporter Transfer machine. Go inside.
- When you spawn at the Helipad, you’ll see three marked waypoints that you need to activate to get the power going. These can be done in any order.
- The first one takes you to the Military Command area off to the right. Head through the gate to enter the Motor Pool, and go into the buildings to the Motor Pool Office. As you approach the waypoint location, all you need to do is kill zombies to fill up the reactor. It may take 12-15 kills to fill up. Keep the zombies away from the marked locations so they don’t get damaged.
- The second reactor is in Mission Control. Progress from the Helipad to the Open Lot and OPC to get there. Use the same process to charge up the second reactor.
- Last but not least, go from the Helipad to the Barracks and into the Data Center for the final reactor. Repeat the process one last time. Once all the generators are live, go back through the teleporter you came through and the Pack-a-Punch at spawn will be working.
How to get the RAI K-84 Wonder Weapon
Now that Pack-a-Punch and the power are turned on, it’s time to get the RAI K-84 Wonder Weapon. For that task, we’ll offer up this clip from MrDalekJD. Once again, feel free to support the creator if their video helps you.
Here’s a basic text description of the steps you must take to get the parts for the Wonder Weapon.
- Setting up Pack-a-Punch offers access to the Weapon Lab. The first step is to pick up the big blueprint on the wall there. That’s your first essential part.
- Go from the Weapon Lab > Motor Pool > Helipad > Barracks all the way to Scorched Defense. In the back of that area is a big tank on fire. On the ground next to it is the Weapon Trial Folder. The body of Dimitri Kuhlklay is right near the folder. Approach it and interact to take out his eye.
- Go back to the Weapon Lab and interact with the computer in there to turn on the retina scanner. Once it’s finished, a drawer opens to reveal a Locker Key.
- Take the Locker Key to the first two Barracks buildings. Lockers there can be opened using the key. Each locker you open occasionally triggers a zombie attack, and the part will drop from one of them. You’re looking for an item called Barrel Assembly.
- Go back to the Weapon Lab and interact with the computer again. It plays a sequence where a small shaded slice moves across a circular graph, Watch this animation carefully, and you’ll notice that it pauses in three specific locations. It may help to sketch the circle and make note of where those stops appear. You can watch the pattern as many times as you wish, so you might also want to have a recording of it on your phone handy for the next step.
- In the Village Mess Hall spawn area you’ll find a dartboard. To get the next Wonder Weapon part you need to shoot the numbers on the circular dartboard in the locations shown in the computer drawing. Shoot it in the three spots where the computer animation stopped and then on the bullseye. If done right, the Aetherium Converter part will fall from the dartboard.
- The next step can’t be done until after round 15 when the robot zombies with cannons appear. One eventually drops the Uncharged Power Cell part.
- Put the part on the table in the Weapon Lab to “charge the power cell.” This takes two rounds to complete. You’ll know it’s done when it’s labeled a Charged Power Cell.
- Finally, go to the bench in the Weapon Lab to craft the RAI K-84 Prototype.
It’s technically possible to pull the RAI K-84 from the Mystery Box marked on your map, it’s just not very likely to happen. Progressing through these steps guarantees you’ll be able to find it, which will most assuredly be an integral part of the larger Easter egg quest. That’s all you need to know about the Wonder Weapon and Pack-a-Punch in Firebase Z.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is available now on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC.
Were you able to Pack-a-Punch and get the Wonder Weapon in Firebase Z? Do you have plans to do the entire Easter egg? Tell us in the comments section!